Many singers who ordinarily make their living gigging and performing live are urgently seeking ways to make money singing online. It’s so doable! So, let’s get out of crisis mode, shall we? If you’re anything like me, there’s a lot of things you’ve considered experimenting with. Now’s the time. Let’s get going now before our bank accounts are overdrawn – if they’re not already. Here are some solid ways that singers can start making money online now.
FREEBIE! 👉 Pandemic-Proof your singing career by starting with your own home vocal recording studio. Don’t know what you’re doing? Here’s a free video training to get you started.FREE VIDEO! 👈
My guest on Episode 6 of the Pandemic-Proof Singer Series is Audrey Callahan, a professional singer. She’s based out of Southern California and is on a mission to create meaningful music that inspires others to achieve their own level of personal greatness. Her pop-infused lyrics are thought-provoking and motivational.
Audrey spent years as a working singing gigging live with cover bands. She and her husband had a strong desire to detach from the geographic dependent gig economy to travel. They bought an RV and set out on the open road. Audrey brought her singing career right along with her. She made building her remote career a full-time mission and it paid off.
Audrey found success as an online session vocalist. You can find her voice in movies, video games, theme parks, and popular clubs across the globe. More importantly, though, having avoided a career in music for many years due to fear, Audrey is finally in a place where she feels she has truly stepped into her purpose. She’s earning a full-time income recording her own songs and recording for others. She even has a new movie out on Amazon Prime – The Aerialist! She is the voice of the soundtrack.
Audrey’s Tips to Make Money Singing Online:
- Start a Patreon account. It’s a platform where you can get paid for creating the things you’re already creating (webcomics, videos, songs, whatevs). Fans pay a few bucks per month OR per post you release, and then you get paid every month, or every time you release something new.
- Perform live on Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram to earn a tip jar.
- Do session gigs online. Here are some sites you can promote your services. AirGigs.com, soundbetter.com, Vocalizr, sessionsingeronline.com, purevocals.orgAudrey has some tutorials giving more tips on getting this kind of work. Find them here.
- Follow various composers on social media. Friend them and network online with them. When you post videos of you singing there’s a good chance they will come up in their feed. They may be inclined to contact you for a project.
- If you’re not working, be looking for work. Make it your full-time job to find the gigs.
Your Next Step
We’re in a new day and age that will challenge us to be innovative and use all of our experience and know-how to be successful at what we do. If you know you’ve got what it takes but don’t know where to start, I’d love to help. In my vocal coaching practice, we work on both your strategy and your craft. Contact me here if you’d like to work with me.
My most immediate piece of advice is to begin building your at-home vocal recording studio. If you want to work-from-home as a singer, record your songs, make YouTube, Instagram or Tik Tok videos, you’ll need to learn to do this.
Your opportunity is coming. Be ready for it. Pandemic-proof your singing career.
For more Pandemic-Proof Singer Series, click here.
Hi! I’m Danielle Tucker – singer, vocal coach, and creator of cool things.
Throughout my 20-year career, I’ve equally enjoyed singing country, rock, pop, gospel, and jazz. Today, I’m a professional singer/songwriter available for solo performances, studio recording, and lead vocalist of San Diego-based band The Mighty Untouchables. I also offer vocal coaching to both solo artists and groups through my own studio. I’ve crafted a rewarding vocal career, and it’s my great pleasure to bring music to others through private bookings, performing with my band, or helping others to grow more confident in their own vocal gifts. Thanks for visiting my site I’m honored that you’d like to get to know me!